Friday, September 30, 2016

BRESLIN AND KERNAN MEMORIAL [RATOATH ROAD CABRA]


During my walking tour of Cabra I came across this memorial which I had never noticed before.

It could be best be described as stone plaque surmounted by a Celtic cross, built into a red brick wall. The wall may be more recent than the memorial which looks as if had been relocated and damaged as a result.

The memorial relates to the Irish Civil War and unfortunately the inscription is faded and not easy to read.

I nDil Cuiṁne ar
Christóir Ó Breasláin
(Christopher Breslin)
Taiġ de oir Complaċt A
an cead caṫ
Briogáid Aṫa Cliaṫ
d’Arm na Poblaċta
agus ar
Seosaṁ Ó Cearnaċáin
(Kernan)
A ounin ar buiġeaḋ
An 3u La Abreain 1923
R.I.P.


BRESLIN AND KERNAN MEMORIAL [RATOATH ROAD CABRA]-121600

No comments:

Most Recent Photographs By Infomatique